Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pin Cushion




I've been using a stuffed penguin as a pin cushion. It's so morbid to me. I feel bad every time I use it, but I don't have a pin cushion. Something about pinning and repinning that penguins stomach just seems a bit voodoo to me. Somewhere there is a penguin in pretty bad shape.

I've eyeballed a few pin cushions with cute jar storage for weeks now. They want around 7 bucks for those things. I just can't justify spending that for a pin cushion!

A few weeks ago I found some mason jars at a discount store and they were marked 50 cents a piece. Ring me up two, will ya?

I got my things together. Fabric, glue gun, mason jar and batting.



I gathered up a ball of quilt batting and hot glued the mess out of it so it would form into a ball. I mean, glued the mess out of it.



Then I glued the ball of batting onto the self sealing thingy that sets in the jars lid.


Then I covered the whole thing with fabric and pulled it tightly over the batting and hot glued it to the bottom. Like so.


Then I shoved it up through the ring of the lid. Stressed me out a little, but it got in there.


Finally, I glued a piece of the fabric over the bottom, for aesthetic purposes really.



Put it together and wa-la! Pin cushion! With Jar storage! I paid 50 cents for that jar, and I had the fabric, hot glue and batting on hand already. Definitely a steal.




Sorry, Penguin. It won't happen again.


Peace!

1 comment:

  1. I simply couldn't depart your site before suggesting that I really loved the usual info a person supply to your guests? Is gonna be again steadily to check up on new posts
    Evolv Men's Predator G2 Climbing Shoe

    ReplyDelete