Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Day teacher gifts


I wanted to do something special for Dylan and Hayden's teachers for Valentine's day this year. I usually avoid teacher gifts because of the uncertainty of what to get them. You don't really know them, and I always get anxiety that my gift is dumb... or that's how I used to feel when I had teachers.

But handmade gifts are awesome, regardless of how corny or not useful they are!!!

I feel slightly guilt that my kids did not make these, but honestly, they'll probably appreciate that. hee hee.

This was my scene at 5 am.



Oh how I love mason jars.



Some pretty fabric, a glue gun and a mason jar and you've got a perfect gift to put homemade cookies in!!



I chose to do cake mix cookies because they are so easy, fail proof (unless you burn them) and they have the perfect flavor and texture. I used Valentine's funfetti cake mix! So festive.




The recipe:

1 box of cake mix, any flavor
1/2 cup of oil
2 eggs

You don't even need a mixer, just combine all the ingredients in one bowl make sure it's all mixed in.

I bake them for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Don't let them brown, pull them out of the oven as the edges start to darken and set them on the stove for a couple of minutes, they'll continue cooking through there.

Once they're cool enough to take them off the cookie sheet, cool them completely on cooling racks.


YUMMY




FYI: if you want them to fit into the mason jars without breaking, make them small. These cookies expand a bit and won't fit through the mouth of the jar if you make them as huge as I did.


Now fill your jars




and pretend not to look when a cookie or two gets swiped!




So pretty.




Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment