Tuesday, February 14, 2012

my valentine's gift




Happy Valentine's Day!


My husband bought me the Simplicity Bias Tape Maker for Valentine's day!!



For those of you that don't know, bias tape is binding on quilts, hot pads and blankets. Or on anything you want it on, really.

Normally I purchase bias tape or just make it myself. It's a painful process sometimes, it can take more time to make the tape than it does to make the project. It involves a lot of ironing.



But now, some of that work is done for me.

It irons the sides over for me, leaving me to only need to iron it down the middle. If I want to, you can use it without the crease in the middle.


It took me a minute to feed the fabric through the tip, which I did not photograph, I was very "in the moment".

But this is the result.



Nicely and quickly made bias tape!

He also got me a large basket of candy, candles, soap, a brown teddy bear that smells like roses... honestly I love the basket more than it's contents lol. It's a big useful basket.

Here's my sickie-poo Jude with m bear. He likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment