Friday, February 24, 2012

52 weeks to a FreePlayLife challenge: Do it.

I recently stumbled upon an awesome blog written by an awesome woman. She's got 3 kids, she unschools them and she's so inspirational, motivational.. to be awesome and have a free play life. She is hosting something called 52 weeks to a freeplaylife. It's a journey, if you will, of finding yourself and really putting yourself out there. Digging deep and letting it all hang out.

I jumped on board about 4 weeks into it, so I missed the first 3 challenges but I plan to go back and do them when I get some time.

Here is her blog FreePlayLife!

If you are sensitive to profanity, this challenge may not be for you, just to let that be known.

Go to her blog. Check it out. Read a little. Learn a lot.

Here are the challenges that have already passed. They are in order of most recent to the oldest, so scroll all the way to the bottom if you want to read them in order.

52 weeks

This week is week 6 and the challenge is to create your superhero! We are all superheroes!

This is mine. She has a lame name. I don't do good at making up cool names. But she's awesome anyways.

My real life superhero self has tools too. I never really thought about it before this, but there are things in my life I hold near and dear that make me feel awesome. My sewing machine, my hula hoop to name the majors. I really think it's great to do these challenges and develop our personal selves. So often we let our lives revolve around our children, and that's not a bad thing, they deserve that. But we need to take care of ourselves too! When we take care of ourselves, we can take care of others. Nobody should be running on E.

I hope you do the challenges with me! She posts them on Mondays, so on Tuesdays, I'll come and post mine.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment