Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Thoughts for Wednesday.







Cute little lizard





boys that homeschool each other


  Wednesdays are the toughest days of the week for us.  Home health comes and does Dylan's treatment and he hasn't always been compliant.  This week and last week however, I have allowed him to watch Netflix on my Kindle while he gets his medicine and he has been delightful.  As long as that novelty doesn't wear off, I think we've found our happy place.  8 more weeks to go.

  Homeschool wasn't a success today.  Like most things in life, there are good days and bad days.  There are certain factors that contribute to good days, such as doing our school work before lunch.  There are certain factors that can make it a bad day, such as doing it after lunch, after a child has begun watching television, if we do homeschool together or individually or even if the sun is shining.  I'm learning to take a deep breath and pick back up where we left off tomorrow... even though my completely controlling personality wants everything to be just so.  Sometimes if I take a step back and let them actually learn instead of  be taught, if I watch them closely, they are learning it.  Maybe they aren't pencil and paper learners.  Perhaps wildboy life is a little more hands on.

  I've got my eye on a curriculum that I think will fit Dylan perfectly.  Stevenson Learning Skills is a reading curriculum that is directed at children that are "differently-abled" at learning.  I think, when it comes to Dylan, I've got a big ole case of dyslexia on my hands.  I've read a lot of great reviews about this curriculum so I think I wanna give it a try.

  Too bad Thomas the Train doesn't make Homeschool curriculum.


No comments:

Post a Comment