Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Taking a break, end of the year ramblings.

  Taking a moment to stop by here and say a few words.  I'm taking a little break from blogging and social media.  Well, not a complete break from social media, but certainly reduced.  In the wake of the tragedy in Connecticut, I feel it is necessary.  I am extremely empathetic with the parents that lost their children Friday.  So much so that I was crying while watching the news coverage.  My children were playing in the house, as naive as can be, under my mama wing... while twenty sets of parents were finding out that they wouldn't be tucking their kids in to bed that night.. or ever again.  One little boy, named Dylan was born three days after Hayden.  I still have my 6 year old... but they don't.  That pain of knowing how that would hurt me still sends sharp pains up my spine.  This world can be so scary, and getting so caught up in it will drag us right down.  All the news coverage, the interviews with the children, the gun control and mental health care arguments, I just can't read or hear it anymore.  I will pray and light candles for the victims and their families and then I need to get back to mine.  I haven't told my children about what happened.  Because we homeschool, I don't feel like I need to tell them.  Let them be naive as long as they can.  Isn't that what childhood is all about?  Children should feel safe as long as possible, this scary world will creep in soon enough.

  The Holidays are upon us!  My kids are so excited.  We are baking cookies and making crafts and homeschooling and planning... I just love this time of year.  Christmas is one week from today.  Dylan will receive his last steroid treatment tomorrow at 1pm (dear god please let it be the last one) and I am looking forward to it being behind us.  I'm thinking about baking him a cake and writing on it "we survived steroids! Yay!"   Ha Ha!!  Probably won't do that, but certainly we need to mark this end to a season.  It's been twelve long weeks that have made us stronger and strained our relationship some.  I'm hoping as the 'roids leave his body, the rage will too.  Excited about getting my Dylan back.  (I'm mostly exaggerating, but when you take steroids they can make you mean and Dylan certainly gets that side effect and it is hard on a family to have one child going through that- and it's something he can't help- he's not a mean child, but the steroids don't bring out the best in him so we are happily kissing them goodbye.) 

  We'll have a new Wildboy in 3 weeks! I am most excited about that.  I can't wait to hold him and smell him and just have him out of my body, LOL.  Excited about nursing again too.  I need to start washing his clothes and getting those sorts of things in order so I guess I'll be tending to that some as well.  Normally I would have done that by now, but I have mandatory laundry to do which can overshadow "nesting" laundry.  Especially when it's for 5 people. 

  I probably won't post here again until Wesley is here.  Unless something super awesome amazing happens. 

  So until then, Happy Holiday from the Brunney family.  Hold your loved ones tight and enjoy the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment