Friday, November 16, 2012

Low Carb Friday

  Two kitchen wins in one week?!  It happened!

  I made a perfect low carb chocolate chip cookie.  It. Was. Divine.  It's made with Almond flour!

The ingredients:  I can't supply a great recipe because I was winging it mostly, but I ground some almonds in the food processor and got about 1 and 2/3 a cup of almond flour. 1/4 cup oil, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt.  2 TB honey, 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp guar gum (thickener and binding agent) and around 3/4 cup of sugar free chocolate chips.  Super delish and the kids loved them!




  Like I said, they were delicious and chewy, and the kids loved them!


  I also made grain free, yeast free bread.  It makes a short loaf, but it's bread just the same.  Here is the Recipe


I made grilled cheese with it last night and french toast this morning. Let's just say I am enjoying some old favorites once again :)  This bread is much more expensive to make than regular bread, but there's no kneading involved and no rising so I'd say it's an even trade. 

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment